As part of its mission to assist international research scientists, the Euraxess France network has published a HOUSING GUIDE FOR VISITING RESEARCHERS in which you will find useful information about how to rent accommodation in France (legislation, toolbox, additional expenses, etc.).

There are several solutions if you are looking for accommodation in Reims.

Public University Halls of Residence

These public university halls of residence are managed by an agency known as the CROUS.

There are several university halls of residence in various districts in the cities of Reims, Troyes, Châlons-en-Champagne and Charleville-Mézières.

You will find a map of these halls of residence on this website with a presentation of each of them : Crous Reims - Carte des résidences.

Priority is given to students but depending on availability, non-student temporary residents may also be able to find accommodation here.

The price varies depending on the halls and the size of the accommodation, but this is the cheapest form of accommodation available; these halls of residence are mainly for low-income students.

To apply for accommodation in a CROUS hall of residence, you need to connect to the online booking plateform and follow the procedure :

The EURAXESS Service Center is available to help you find accommodation, do not hesitate to contact us !

Private University and Hotel Residences

The Centre de Services EURAXESS can suggest accommodation solutions with special discounts with our partners (on condition that you notify them of your registration number in the EURAXESS France database followed by the reference “URCA”):

Résidence Séjours & Affaires de REIMS Clairmarais (2 stars)

Résidence Hôtelière Résihome Apparthôtel Reims Centre (3 stars)

Résidence du Parc (private student residence located near the Sciences Campus)

These residences offer high-quality rooms or furnished studio apartments that can be a useful temporary situation or a more permanent one depending on your budget.

Other accommodation options are available. You can find a wide choice of accommodation in Reims on the Tourist Office website .

Furnished accommodation on the private market

For longer stays or if you are here with your family, a more adapted solution would be to rent accommodation from a private landlord by contacting owners via the Internet, free newspapers or a letting agency.

There are several websites that publish advertisements from private landlords to rent apartments or studio apartments, as well as house-sharing offers (several people renting an apartment or house together).

This is a very common way of finding longer-term accommodation in France.

Most landlords of private accommodation like to meet their future tenants, which is why it is best to plan to visit once you are in France.
You can find advertisements for accommodation from private landlords or professional letting agencies.

You can contact them by email or telephone to arrange an appointment and visit the chosen apartment or studio apartment.

N.B. As pointed out in the Housing Guide for Visiting Researchers if you go through a letting agency, you will have to pay agency fees.

This is a non-exhaustive list of the main advertising websites:

Le Bon Coin (the most popular)
Se Loger
Paru Vendu
De Particulier à Particulier

Other solutions for the first days after your arrival


The Centre de Services EURAXESS is available to help you find accommodation, do not hesitate to contact us !